Friday, November 16, 2007

Jobs

Okay, when do you know you have a career, I guess you will never know till you hit retirement. You know how many times I thought I have stumbled across "the perfect career", and lost to employer's and there raises. It seems to me that everytime i got a raise and I knew it was above the pay of others I would lose that job. So, here it is November 17, 2007 and still no job, in case you guys didn't know I lost my job at a major lumber and hardware retail store here and it seems EVERY STORE has a NOW HIRING sign in there window, so I take 10-20 minutes each time filling out application after application.
After I have done that I give it a couple of days before I call to find out what step my application is in and get the same response, Not currently hiring. As a matter of fact a job I had applied for was a HVAC company, So they tell me they will call me by the end of the week. So Monday of the following week I call them and of course I have to leave a voice-mail for the hiring manager. Did not hear anything for another couple of days, and so I call back they tell me to leave another voice-mail. Finally he calls me back to tell me that I can't be hired at this time, which I find out later that one of there biggest customers is the company I used to work for... how about them apples.
Another thing is the College degrees every peon job I apply for now is all about have a degree of some sort. Dreamworks doesn't care what the degree is in, now I know it is way to show YOU are trying to better yourself, I look at it as if I have 4 years experience in being a camera operator and 3 years avid digital editing, I guarantee I can have more done and properly done before someone who has read a book for 4 years of there life, So thank for the time to read this, I am glad blogs give a place to vent. LOL If anyone can help me or give advice Please E-mail me: Bcooley_ibc@yahoo.com

No comments: